Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Mind

I'm a member of the Big Think.  Did you know?  Do you care?  Did you know there is such a thing as the Big Think?  It's not quite as big a deal as it sounds since they don't pick you, you simply sign up.

Even though I don't believe one person knows everything or can know everything nor do I feel there is one definitive answer of how the Universe "works" YET...things like where do thoughts come from...stuff like that; as I was in the shower (a place where I do a lot of my BIGGEST thinking) it occurred to me that with the advent of the internet (including such awesome tools as YouTube and blogging) it may be less and less necessary to worry about remembering anything.  Post it to the internet and let it remember for you.  Okay, I say that in context of memories.  The same could be true for history or how to do things...stuff like that.  No need to know how until you want to know how.  Then if you want to know...you simply do a google search and voila!

I then morphed into pondering how it seems to be the beginning of the blur of the line between space/time events.  I was thinking about what to me was the awesome find of some vidoes from Clapton's Crossroads Festival in 2004 that I found on YouTube.  Now it would have been amazing if I'd known about it then.  It would have been more amazing if I attended in person.  Yet, as I allow myself to get lost in the music and view the performance I can allow myself to imagine I am there for those moments.

To morph on these ponderings even further, it is as if I have access to someone else's memories in this way and with things I have posted on the internet, others have access to my memories and my thoughts (and some might say my ramblings).  And we don't have to travel a spacial distance to make this connection. nor do we have to be sure to meet at a specific point in time to share this connection and these thoughts or memories.

I simply put it out into the Universe at my convenience and you find it (when a vibrational match is sought by you) at yours.

And it almost makes me feel as if one ponders from this perspective that the line between what is in my mind and what is in yours becomes blurred to where the idea of one mind starts to seem plausible.

That, my friends, is your cuisine for your mind from mine for today.  I hope you find it to be a tasty dish.  Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment