Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mind Barometer

I don't watch and/or listen to the news on TV much anymore unless it happens to be on and I am too lazy to change the channel.

As I was walking into my living room I heard the tail end of a report they were doing about romantic relationship longevity.  They mention that it appears helpful if the man is at least five years older than the woman like with Beyonce and JayZ.  JayZ is 11 years older or something like that.

And it is helpful if the woman is smarter than the man.  Beyonce has a high school education and JayZ didn't graduate.

And I know I am going out a bit on a limb by mentioning this but I've long thought I would at least get the controversy P.R. if I wrote a book on the myth of formal education. 

We all know Bill Gates didn't finish college.  Will Smith and Johnny Depp didn't finish high school.

And seriously, with the advent of the internet if there is something someone wants to know how to do and succeed, it is pretty easy to find out how without a college degree.  Now I am not saying a college degree isn't worthwhile or helpful depending on what you want to do as a career.

To me the harm is when the fear gets spread that without a college career you can't be successful or earn a lot of money.  And how careful we have to be about buying these types of propaganda and allowing them to keep us from feeling we have value if we don't have one.

With this in mind, I offer the tasty little mind dish below.

Brad Yates' Video - Your True Value

No comments:

Post a Comment