Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mel gets expunged!

Mel's is the news again.  I admit, my first response was "is it fair!?  Isn't that different justice for the rich?"

Here's the mind cuisine: "What if Mel did us a favor?"

Apparently, what allowed the judge to rule in favor of Mel's conviction being expunged is that it is one of our rules of justice.  Follow the rules of your punishment after your conviction. Then you can petition to have your conviction expunged.

Knowing that I can have a drunk driving conviction expunged might make you think that would change my mind about driving drunk.  For some it might.  For me no.  I don't want to go through any of it even if it means in the end having my conviction expunged is an option.

Plus, if we are to believe the media, Mel is serious about his Catholicism and faith.  He's also human.

I'm not catholic, but I do know their faith delegates judgment to God ONLY.  AND, that Catholics believe in confession, forgiveness and absolution.

As I pondered, first my reaction and then thinking about this on a larger scale from the perspective of the Universal Law of Right of Consciousness (see below for a definition of Right of Consciousness), it seemed perfect that Mel would basically seek and be granted absolution (even if it wasn't something that is already part of our justice system that anyone has the right to).  To me, it's what is right in Mel's consciousness.

Maybe the press will never forget and others may feel like they can continue to punish Mel by not going to his movies and the like, but if God can let it go and Mel can let it go...I have a feeling that in the big picture it will no longer be much of a factor in Mel's personal and private life.

Personally, I am more concerned with living my best life, which I feel has a lot to do with aligning my right of consciousness with what I believe Divine Consciousness is.  Since I believe Divine Love forgives, completely erases the "mis-take" and fills that void with Divine Love; then I forgive Mel.  Plus, if I can forgive Mel, I should be able to forgive me for my mistakes.

And we all know when push comes to shove, it's all about me anyway.  Are you laughing?  Laughing out loud?  I know.  You could have sworn it was all about you.  Can I get a "Mel who?"

Right of Consciousness Knowledge: "While it appears external rules govern who owns what, the prevailing law is the Right of Consciousness.  I must love it, know I deserve it and hold a vision for healthy, joyful use of it. Then it comes to me easily.  When I am joined with something I truly deserve by my mental, emotional and spiritual alignment--it is mine by Universal Law.  No one can interfere.  Remember, I am under no laws but God's."  (This quote is from Alan Cohen's book, Relax Into Wealth.)

I love how Mr. Cohen writes about it from the perspective of the positive and love.  The truth of this law is that you own what you believe and feel, positive or negative.  Personally, I believe Divine Love has no such judgments as positive or negative.  Now, that's some serious mind cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment