Saturday, April 3, 2010

Insanity

The other day I was thinking about the word insanity. 

You ask, "Really, Lori.  What were you thinking?"

I was thinking how the word insanity is used to describe people who are out of sanity...not in it.  You know?  in-sanity.  So, why don't they call it outsanity?

This thought then morphed me to thinking about one of the definitions of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Okay.  So none of the above seems too ground breaking.  What I felt is interesting is where my thoughts morphed next.

It would seem to me then that when one begins to think and feel differently about life (you know like consciously deciding to affirm certain new things about them self) while somehow expecting their life will not change or being surprised when their life begins to change, would also be a definition of insanity.

Okay, I could write more and expound on this idea.  Instead, I'll simply say, "think about it".

P.S.  I enjoyed the Wikipedia page for insanity.  I found it interesting they made the distinction that insanity is not a disease of the brain but a mind thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment